My wife got sick. She was constantly nervous because of problems at work, personal life, her failures and children. She lost 30 pounds and weighted about 90 pounds. She got very skinny and was constantly crying. She was not a happy woman. She had suffered from continuing headaches, heart pain and jammed nerves in her back and ribs. She did not sleep well, falling asleep only in the mornings and got tired very quickly during the day. Our relationship was on the verge of a break up. Her beauty was leaving her somewhere, she had bags under her eyes, she was poking her head, and stopped taking care of herself. She refused to shoot the films and rejected any role. I lost hope and thought that we’ll get divorced soon… But then I decided to act. After all I’ve got the most beautiful woman on earth. She is the idol of more than half of men and women on earth, and I was the one allowed to fall asleep next to her and to hug her. I began to shower her with flowers, kisses and compliments. I surprised and pleased her every minute. I gave her a lot of gifts and lived just for her. I spoke in public only about her. I incorporated all themes in her direction. I praised her in front of her own and our mutual friends. You won’t believe it, but she blossomed. She became better. She gained weight, was no longer nervous and loved me even more than ever. I had no clue that she CAN love that much.
And then I realized one thing: the woman is the reflection of her man.
If you love her to the point of madness, she will become it.
- BRAD PITT
The Cuddly is an interactive installation in Warsaw, Poland created by Iza Rutkowska.
1. Do not kill yourself. Killing yourself is very messy and your mother will cry over you. It is not beautiful or brave, and even if it was, you will not be around to see that.
2. Washing your hair is going to be a chore. But you should do it anyway. Because you will feel better about yourself.
3. Get up late. Have a lay in. Sleep past your alarm. You have a very long life ahead of you and for now you should appreciate the cold side of your pillow.
4. He is going to break your heart but he’s just another male human who finds it hard to deal with Mondays, too. So in a month you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember that little scar on his knuckle you kissed.
5. Don’t spend hours looking up what your name means on google. Your name is your name and you should go out there and do heroic and good deeds and give your name your own meaning.
6. Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
7. Music is good for your soul. Rap music will energise you and boost your ego and pop music will cheer you up. Indie music will make you think and emotional songs will make you cry and think about that boy again. It’s healthy.
8. Victim complexes are not attractive. Boys and girls will not date you because you are sad. They are not going to date you and kiss your aching bones and cure you of your dragging depression. Wake up. Take a bath. Do your hair. Be attractive.
9. Sadness is not poetic. Depression is not beautiful. Laying in bed all day and eating too much is lazy and disgusting and it is not tragic or pretty. Get up. Go outside. Let the sun warm your bones. Live.
10. If it makes you happy, buy twenty of it. Dedicate your life to it. Print it on tv shirts and collect things and draw art of it. Do not care what people think. They are the unhappy people you need to avoid. The abuse they will hurl at you is painless compared to how sad they are. Pity them. Remain happy.
11. You are allowed to he angry. But the world is not working against you. The flowers do not bloom for you and when your mother shouts ask her if she is okay instead of thinking she hates you. She never will. The world walks beside you and is silent. It does not trip you up or carry you.
12. Day and night cycles are natural. Humans only sleep at night because we used to avoid predators in the dark because of our poor eyesight. Stay awake until 5am watching bad reality shows. Wake up at 7pm and have breakfast.
13. Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar. Sleep with you are tired. Do not mindlessly obey the sleep at night rule. If you are not tired, do not sleep." -Lapfoxs (via v-o-g-u-e-i-s-a-r-t)
"Life is so ironic. It takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence, and absence to value presence."-(via mermaiderotica)
Reasons why I didn’t do my essay:
- “If you don’t have passion for something, you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.” - Lee Alexander McQueen
A sudden reminder of the past. This can be brought about by hearing a song from high school, seeing an ex, puffing on a j in your old puffin spot, etc.
“Shit, I used to love this song.”
1. Always – Blink 182
2. Mr Brightside – The Killers
3. You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid – The Offspring
4. I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys
5. Genie In A Bottle – Christina Aguilera
6. Graduate – Third Eye Blind
7. Grow Up – Simple Plan
8. Kids In America – Kim Wilde
9. Baby, I’ve Got You On My Mind – Powderfinger
10. I Write Sins Not Tragedies – Panic! At The Disco
11. Pump It – The Black Eyed Peas
12. The Queen And I – Gym Class Heroes
13. All Star – Smashmouth
14. Space Jam – Space Jam
15. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
16. Umbrella – Rihanna
17. Boulevard of Broken Dreams – Green Day
18. Are You Gonna Be My Girl? – JET
19. Shakira – Hips Don’t lie
20. Hey Ya – Andre 3000
21. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy
22. Semi Charmed Life – Third Eye Blind
23. Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down) – Chumba Wumba
24. Rehab – Amy Winehouse
25. Teenage Dirtbag – Wheatus
26. Hit Me Baby One More Time – Britney Spears
27. High School Never Ends – Bowling For Soup
28. London Bridge – Fergie
29. All The Small Things - Blink 182
30. Misery Business – Paramore
31. Mr Jones – Counting Crowes
32. Mambo #5 - Lou Bega
33. American Idiot – Green Day
34. Stacy’s Mom – Fountains Of Wayne
35. Teenagers – My Chemical Romance
36. Fresh Prince of Bel Air – Will Smith
37. Girlfriend – Avril Lavigne
38. Paralyzer – Finger 11
39. One Week – Bare Naked Ladies
40. Dance, Dance – Fall Out Boy
41. Gold Digger – Kanye West (Jamie Foxx)
42. Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
43. Dirty Little Secret – All American Rejects
44. A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me – Fall Out Boy
45. Cupid’s Chokehold – Gym Class Heroes
46. Sexy Back – Justin Timberlake
47. Sk8er Boi – Avril Lavigne
48. Thunderstruck – AC/DC
49. Break The Ice – Britney Spears
50. In Too Deep – Sum 41